The Inquiry has updated the timeline for phase 1 hearings.
The provisional schedule for the first phase of the Inquiry’s work has been updated with details and timings for the remainder of the programme. As with the previous schedules, the programme below remains subject to change.
Updated programme for phase 1 evidence
Phase 1 is focussing on the factual narrative of the events of the night of 14 June 2017. This includes:
- the existing fire safety and prevention measures at Grenfell Tower;
- where and how the fire started;
- the development of fire and smoke;
- how fire and smoke spread from its original seat to other parts of the building;
- the chain of events before the decision was made that there was no further savable life in the building; and
- the evacuation of residents.
Phase 2 will address the remainder of the issues identified in the List of Issues which was published on the Inquiry’s website on 14 September 2017.