On 11 and 12 December the Inquiry is holding a Procedural Hearing at Holborn Bars.
This will deal with case management issues such as considering the time required and arrangements for the undertaking of witness statements, disclosure of evidence (including expert evidence) to Core Participants and the receipt of representations.
The hearing will start on both days at 10:30 and will be expected to last the full day.
A live-stream of the session will be made available on the Inquiry website: https://www.grenfelltowerinquiry.org.uk/
A public screening of the live-stream will be held on both days at the Notting Hill Methodist Church.
Doors will open at 9:30 and there will be 100 seats available, issued on the day, on a first come, first served basis.
Attending the Hearing
Available seating within the hearing room has been reserved for Core Participants who are survivors and bereaved families. Places have been offered through legal representatives and those attending are welcome to arrive from 09:00.
Media wishing to attend do not need to register in advance but on arrival journalists must register at the press desk. Journalists will be seated in an adjacent annex into which proceedings will be broadcast.
- Cameras and recording equipment are strictly prohibited at Holborn Bars and the Notting Hill Methodist Church.
- Mobile phones and other devices must be switched to silent during the hearing.
- Laptops may be used in the Inquiry’s hearing rooms and public areas if they do not disturb others but they may not be used to make live recordings of proceedings.
- Laptops must be battery-powered as power sockets are not available.
- A transcript will be added to the Inquiry website.