The Inquiry has published an update on its work.
This update contains information about:
- Resumption of hearings
- Monthly community drop-in sessions
- Disclosure figures
- Core Participant figures
- Arrangements for support during hearings
- Contact information
Resumption of hearings
Inquiry hearings have adjourned for the Christmas period. They are scheduled to resume on 24th January 2022 with closing statements for Module 5 and Module 6 (firefighting). Module 6 evidential hearings will resume the following week on 31st January.
The overall provisional timetable for Phase 2 can be found here.
Monthly community drop-in sessions
The next monthly drop-in session for BSRs, the local community and members of the public will be on Thursday 27th January 2022 from 16:30-17:30 at the Inquiry’s premises, 13 Bishop’s Bridge Road, London, W2 6BU. These sessions are an opportunity for members of the local community and the public to learn more about the Inquiry process and to ask any questions that they may have for members of the Inquiry team.
Further dates include:
- Thursday 24th February, 16:00-17:30, Bay 20, 71 St Marks Rd, London W10 6JG.
- Thursday 28th April, 16:30-17:30, Grenfell Tower Inquiry premises, 13 Bishop’s Bridge Road, London, W2 6BU
As before, it is not necessary to book in advance to attend. We would ask all attendees to observe social distancing.
By 22 September 2021, the Inquiry had disclosed 20,752 documents in Phase 1 and 293,067 in Phase 2, making a total of 313,819.
Core Participant figures
The full list of the Inquiry's core participants (CPs) is available on the key documents page. Further information on CPs is covered in our guide, which includes details of the role they play in the Inquiry and how this differs from being a witness.
The total number of CPs is 642.
Support arrangements during hearings
BSRs and members of the public will be able to get in touch with Hestia directly to access wellbeing services by contacting 0800 246 5617 between 09:45 and 16:45 Monday to Thursday. Hestia will provide a range of services including:
- One-to-one telephone or online support sessions that BSRs will be able to book with a counsellor during the day or at the end of the day’s hearings. Please contact Hestia on 0800 246 5617.
- Drop-in video conference group sessions (twice daily) where BSRs can join a counsellor in a peer support group to support one another and to air and talk through any feelings or concerns. These sessions will start and finish with some resilience exercises, for example paced breathing, grounding and mindfulness exercises and taught resilience tools. For more information and instructions for joining a group session please contact Hestia on 0800 246 5617.
Counselling support services continue to be available for anyone who wants to talk about their emotional wellbeing. The NHS Grenfell Outreach Team is available Monday to Thursday from 08:00 to 20:00, and on Friday from 08:00 to 17:00. Their number is 0208 637 6279. More information, including out of hours contact numbers, can be found on the NHS website.
Please note the general enquiry telephone line will not be covered from 24 December 2021 to 4 January 2022. Please redirect all enquiries to [email protected]